Monday 23 March 2015

Alterations made with Digipak and Magazine Advert



This slideshare document portrays all my drafts of both ancillary tasks.
Digipak

At the beginning of the project, I decided to create a rough layout for the digipak; this included boxes to represent images and text. As you can see with the first draft, I have only included the album name. In the inside page, there are many different typefaces that have 'thank you' written on it, probably because I am still deciding to pick a font. In each drafts, the back of the digipak is the same in terms of the layout and text however slight alterations are made on the last draft.
Moving onto second draft, there is more  going on in terms of the front cover having an image and the name of the artist. I believe that the image didn't really go well with the text. Furthermore, I thought I include an 'abstract' image for the CD cover. The back of the cover is the same as the first draft.
There has been many changes in the third draft, this is mainly evidently shown in the front cover of the digipak. The album name 'Little Red' connotes many different things, one thing that I thought of was 'red lips'. In addition, the music genre is more 'dance' and 'R&B' focused, hence I thought to contrast colours such as Red with Black and White. This will also enhance the title of the album 'Little Red'.
My final draft has drastically changed from the previous draft, this is because I had to have a photoshoot to get some suitable images which could potentially feature on the digipak. I thought of having a black and white image rather than a colour, this is following the typical conventions of a R&B digipak. A lot of black and white tones are common R&B genred products. The images I have chosen I believe is very effective, as it portrays this sense of emotion and indicates a 'mysterious' atmosphere when looking at it. The second page has another image which I believe blends very well, next to it, there is credits and a thank you message, both of these features are included becuase the artist I have chosen 'Katy B' comes in between a 'pop and commercial' artist but also an 'independant' artist.
The back page has changed, It is more professional because now I have included the CD logo alongside the VEVO logo. The colours have changed from Purple to Red and White but there is still a gradient which makes the text stand out even more.
Magazine Advert
The magazine adverts have drastically changed throughout the drafting process. With the first two drafts, there is not much changed but the change of the landscape poster. The third and fourth draft have changed in terms of the layout and typical conventions of a magazine advert being included in my own magazine advert. The third draft seems to follow a simple layout and a simple image, however after the photoshoot with my actress Natalie, I got some great images which I believe would be very effective to portray the whole album. In order to keep the consisitency between the digipak and the magazine advert, I used the same images, however I changed the colour scheme slightly. I went for grey stars as they stand out very well and not have too much colour like the yellow stars. It also keeps the grey tone of the whole product.

No comments:

Post a Comment